Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ed's Mini Book Review - Darkly Dreaming Dexter


For my second book review, I'll tackle the book that has spawned a wildly popular cable TV show, Dexter. Now, I haven't seen the TV show but anyone I ask that has, absolutely loves it so that enticed me to read the book and boy was I not disappointed.

For those that don't know the basic premise of Dexter, he is a blood splatter expert for the Miami CSI department who helps out the Miami PD, including his police officer foster-sister, as an amateur serial killer profiler. His acumen in this area comes from the fact that he himself is a serial killer, obviously unbeknown to anyone else. He knows how serial killers think as we get to see how he thinks. Of course, to make sure we root or feel for Dexter he has a code instilled in him by his foster-father, Harry, an ex-cop, who saw what Dexter was from when Dexter was a young age. Dexter only kills people who deserve it and he also must be absolutely sure of their guilt.

I am going on too much and don't want to give too much away like some reviews do, but I can't recommend Darkly Dreaming Dexter enough. It is dark comedy at its finest with fun characters and, what makes all crime books worth their salt, a good mystery to boot.

A+


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment